Monday, February 6, 2012

Time Warp: The Hawk

This one has a nice little story. Over November break I saw something really interesting in my backyard. There was a huge red-tailed hawk hunched over a fresh caught squirrel. I, of course, immediately ran for my camera and grabbed the telephoto lens. Despite the glorious sunshine, it was cold. But that didn't stop me from going outside. Desperate to not let this bird get away I didn't bother putting on shoes or a coat. 

The hawk was on a little ledge in my backyard and, conveniently, near the stairs. Which was the perfect place to station myself to snap some photos of bird and prey. And don't worry the pictures aren't too gory.



He was such a model. He seemed to have payed no attention to me at all and continued with his business. But, personally,  I think he was posing for the camera.



After all of this, I experimented with black and white to see how it looked.




I like the colored photos better, but the black and white defiantly turned out better than expected. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. What a handsome hawk! I too like the colored photos better. The details don't show so well in black and white. That's why black and white photography is so very hard!

    warmly,
    anvita

    ReplyDelete